THE PRINCE’S FOUNDATION DIPLOMA YEAR. A NEW COURSE IN FINE AND APPLIED ART
This year, we are introducing individual and group tours, please register for a tour by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a selection of online and in person open days, but we strongly advise a personal visit so that you fully understand what we have to offer and have an opportunity to meet the students and staff.
-13th October 4:30 Online
-27th October 4:30 Online
-17th November 4.30pm Online SCHOLARSHIP CANDIDATES ONLY
-26th November 3pm In person at Trinity Buoy Wharf
-1st December 4:30 Online
To register for an open day please complete an online registration form here: Diploma Year 2022 Open Day Registration Form
The Prince’s Foundation Diploma Year
The Prince's Foundation Diploma year is a dynamic skills-based course with five days’ teaching per week. The small cohort’s size of up to 60 students allows for targeted one-to-one teaching in a supportive and creative environment. Located at Trinity Buoy Wharf, the programme benefits from its creative and inspiring neighbours in its Thames-side location.
The programme is unique in its focus on the interplay between traditional skills, innovation and creativity – all essential requirements for successful progression to Higher Education and careers in the creative industries.
The structure of the programme’s interdisciplinary curriculum develops from taught workshops to increasingly self-directed study. Throughout the programme, life drawing will remain central to problem solving and the development of observation skills. Students will be encouraged to engage with studio critiques and discussions informed by contextual studies and weekly accompanied gallery and museum visits.
The broad curriculum is especially suited to progression onto Visual Arts courses such as Fine Art and Applied Arts, Animation and Illustration, Architecture, Textiles and Fashion, Photography and Film, Theatre and Set Design, Sculpture, Furniture Making and Design, Carving, Crafts and many more.
Students investigate a broad variety of Fine Art and Applied Art processes and concepts. Drawing is integral to the programme, with its ability to express and crystallise ideas.
- High tutor-to-student ratio
- Small group sizes
- Delivered five days per week for 36 weeks
- Focused Skills-based teaching
- Weekly life drawing
- Disciplines: Painting, Sculpture, Drawing, Printmaking, Animation, Ceramics, Photography, Textile Construction, Carving
- Facilities include purpose-built drawing studio, photography dark room, print room textiles studio, ceramic facilities, carving studio, sculpture and casting studio, reference libraries, individual studio spaces for students spanning three floors, Mac suite with editing software, painting studios, access to facilities at the Prince’s Foundation’s Charlotte Road site in Shoreditch.
- Contextual Studies lectures, accompanied gallery and museum visits each week
- Guidance and advice with UCAS application and portfolio preparation
- Opportunities to select additional workshops in traditional arts, heritage skills and architecture.
- A minimum of 1 Residencies at Dumfries House and access to a wider residency programme
- Accredited Level 3/4 Diploma with UCAS tariff points
- End-of-year exhibitions
- Inspiring London riverside location in a dynamic and creative community at Trinity Buoy Wharf, Docklands
Please register your interest in this exciting opportunity by emailing: email@example.com