Places on the Prince’s Foundation Diploma Year are offered to students who are keen to explore their creative practice through the development of skills, craftsmanship and artistic endeavour.
Applicants will need to demonstrate potential and an interest in progression into a related subject in Higher Education or vocationally in Fine Art, Applied Arts or Crafts.
Students will be required to have an excellent work ethic, an open-minded attitude and a readiness to explore and experiment with different processes and materials in an interdisciplinary manner.
- The Prince’s Foundation offers scholarships and fee reductions so that the programme is available to the widest range of students, regardless of their financial circumstances. Up to 50% of the student cohort is awarded a full scholarship or fee reduction each year.
- Those students awarded a full scholarship pay no course fee and receive a study support allowance for travel and materials. We accept scholarship applications from students who have attended a state school.
- Students requesting a scholarship or fee reduction should indicate this on their application form. Scholarships and fee reductions are means tested and take account of personal circumstances and artistic potential.
- The full course fees are heavily subsidised through the generosity of The Prince’s Foundation and its donors. This keeps the fee cost as low as possible whilst ensuring a high-level educational experience can be delivered.
- The course is fee-paying. Fees for domestic students for 2021/22 are £6,950.00. You can apply for a reduction of between 25% to 75% off the full fee during the application process, depending on your financial circumstances and potential.
- The fees cover the cost of all tuition, materials used in workshops, exhibitions, and the residency at Dumfries House, (excluding travel).
- Domestic fees will need to be paid in full within 10 days of a written offer, including a non-refundable administration fee of £500. Refunds cannot be given once the course has commenced unless extenuating circumstances are approved. A refund of 75% of the course fee (excluding the administration fee) can be reimbursed if the applicant withdraws before the 1st August. A refund of 50% of the course fee (excluding the administration fee) can be arranged if the applicant withdraws before the 6th September.
The Prince’s Foundation Diploma Year office has an open-door policy for students to seek advice and support as and when they need it. The small cohort size fosters a supportive community of peers, faculty and staff, which is vital in this busy and transformative year.
- Termly wellness sessions
- An open-door policy
- In-house student support
- Pastoral support from the programme office
- One-to-one support from personal tutors
- Termly catchup sessions with the Director and Programme Manager
- Individually tailored UCAS and progression support including advice on suitable courses, apprenticeships and placements and help with writing personal statements.